Today is Maundy Thursday. My aunt didn't want to eat pork today. So, i cooked this dish for lunch.
1/2 kilo squash cut into cubes
8 pcs. String Bean
1 medium onion
10 pcs. herring dried fish
1 pack Knorr gata (coconut milk) recipe mix
1 pack magic sarap
salt to taste
1. Cook knorr gata recipe mix according to procedure.
2. While coconut milk is boiling, put chopped onion, squash and string bean.
3. Let boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add salt and magic sarap.
5. Add herring dried fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Since its holy week, i bought marinated milkfish for dinner. I think this milkfish was marinated in vinegar and garlic only because it's tasteless. I have nottasted the salt. Haha.. Next time, i will make my own version of this one. Watch it =)
Recently, i did experiment with cooking. Instead of water i'm using juice in my menu. Here's my latest recipe.
Sardines with Misua and Tea Juice
1 small can sardines
2 packs of misua
1 glass tea juice
1 small onion
2 gloves garlic
1 pack magic sarap
salt to taste
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Saute garlic and onion.
2. Add sardines and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add iced tea juice and let boil. Put salt to taste.
4. Put misua and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot.
Warning: It looks delicious in the photo but in real its not. You can taste the sweetness of tea juice which is not good for this kind of menu. Better not to try this one.. Haha.. Maybe replace tea juice with water to make it yummy.
My uncle gave us a lot of lechon because my cousin graduated from High School. I cooked the leftovers. It's Lechon Paksiw of course hehe.. Here's the procedure:
1. Heat cooking oil. Sauté garlic and onion.
2. Stir in left-over lechon and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add Magic Sarap.
5. Pour in vinegar. Do not stir until boiling.
6. Add Mang Tomas all around sarsa.
7. Cover and bring to a boil. Add water.
8. Add the mixed sugar with Nestea Iced Tea.
9. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
Hmmm... Yummy.. Yummy...
Food Cost: lechon is free. the money i spent for other ingredients is only 32.00 pesos.
Since it's summer, I'd like to share thedessertthatItastedinBrunei. ABC is Brunei's version of Pinoy Halo-halo. The mix of there ABC is corn, beans, gelatin, sugar syrup, evaporated milk and ice. It is like a halo-halo but the difference is the ice. Halo-halo here in the Philippines is crushed while in Brunei is in blocks, see the photo? This was taken when i was in Brunei particularly in Seria last November 2010.
I have no appetite today because i'm alone at home. I just ate this junk food for lunch haha.. Marty's Cracklin' is healthy. It's a vegetarian chicharon and 0 gram trans fat. I like the spicy flavor, not too spicy and kids can eat it too.. it taste good.. Two thumbs up to Oishi!
Chicken bread is a bread from a popular bakeshop named Julie's Bakeshop. The bread is like the famous pandesal and the stuff is seems like chicken asado. It is tasty, yummy and soft. It costs 7.00 pesos each. Sulit!
One month ago before hubby went abroad, we went to Dampa Farmers for lunch. While walking going there, i spotted a stall in farmers market that sells processed food that should be made of meat but to my surprised, the processed food is made of fish. I bought 1 pack of fish hotdog. They also sell fish longanisa, fish tocino, fish siomai, fish shanghai and many more. When we arrived home that day i was excited to taste the fish hotdog, so i cooked it immediately. The taste is the same as the branded hotdog like Tender Juicy and you cannot distinguish the difference. Food cost is only 36.00 pesos.